Monday, August 3, 2009

The Golden Idol: Kris Allen

» EXPRESS: You've said before that your love of music and experience with it began at a young age. Was there ever a specific moment when you knew that music was what you wanted to do with your life?
» KRIS ALLEN: [When I was] around 6 or 7, I bought the "Dangerous" album by Michael Jackson on cassette and listened, danced, sang to it non-stop. The moment that I knew that music [was] what I wanted to do with my life was the summer after freshman year of college, when I wrote my first song.
» EXPRESS: While on "American Idol," you performed with huge artists like Keith Urban and Brian May of Queen. What were those experiences like, and are there any artists out there right now who you would dream of performing with?
» KRIS ALLEN: Performing with Keith was a cool experience because he is so down-to-earth -- [an] amazing musician and a nice guy who was easy and fun to work with. Singing with Brian May was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had because I'm a huge fan of Queen, and he is incredible. My dream would be to work with Paul McCartney.

Read the full Express Night Out interview

No comments:

Post a Comment