Thursday, December 31, 2009

Kris Allen's Las Vegas interview on New Year’s Eve

American Idol winner Kris Allen hits the stage tonight for Billboard’s New Year’s Eve Live! on Fox, joining Sean Kingston and his American Idol alumnus Allison Iraheta.

Kris speaks about Idol, Vegas, New Years Eve, the new album and more.

Don Chareunsy: Have you been to Las Vegas before?

Kris Allen: I’ve never been to Las Vegas before, man. What a time to come, right? New Year’s Eve!

DC: Will you get a chance to see or do anything aside from perform during your first visit?

KA: I’m really excited about seeing Love. I’ve never seen a Cirque du Soleil show before.

DC: Congratulations on your first album and hit single “Live Like We’re Dying.” What has been the highlight since winning American Idol back in May?

KA: Thanks, man. Thanks a lot. The tour after American Idol was really cool, going to some 50 cities with the other singers. It was a total blast to be on the bus together. We had a lot of fun.

DC: And the best city?

KA: My hometown. They had a very nice welcoming for me in my hometown.

DC: What was your favorite song to perform on the show?

KA: Probably “Ain’t No Sunshine.” I had a good time arranging the song, and it was really fun to perform.

DC: I read in your bio that you were a fan of Garth Brooks growing up listening to your dad’s records. You should check out his show at the Wynn. Who are your favorite artists today?

KA: Man, don’t tell me that, but I’m coming back to Las Vegas. I’ll get to see him. I like a lot of current artists. Switchfoot. The Fray. Maroon 5. I like John Mayer. I’m going to see Maroon 5 on New Year’s Eve.

DC: If there’s one thing you could add to your must-see list in Las Vegas, what would it be?

KA: To be honest, the Garth Brooks show. I saw an ad in the airport and said that I have to see that. He’s awesome.

DC: Are you excited about performing in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve? And tonight, too?

KA: Yeah, man, the show tonight at B.B. King’s Blues Club was booked a week ago. And then live TV. I’ve performed on live TV, but this is New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas!

DC: Your first big gig of the New Year on live TV. No pressure.

KA: Yeah, man, thanks, no pressure at all!

DC: What is your New Year’s resolution?

KA: Hmmm … focus more on music. I’m not really a New Year’s resolution kind of guy.

Kris will be at B.B. King’s Blues Club in The Mirage tonight at midnight. Admission is $30, and doors open at 11 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment